- Scan input for modeling (this input could be a sentence, image, or even perfect knowledge of a closed system provided by some form of perception).
- Identify & label things (nouns) as "objects," actions (verbs) as "functions," etc.
- Use (& dynamically update) dictionary/knowledge base to fill out this working model by expanding characteristics & features of the component items to some reasonable limit.
- Cross-reference with Google-like search of memory using something akin to PageRank to generate connections, etc.
- Update PageRank scores with new data collected from current modeling.
- Commit new ideas into permanent model.
But can something as simple as this be robust enough to build a foundation of consciousness from?